THE NBA IS BACK BABY!
While 4 of the top teams of the league faced off on Tuesday, 22 teams faced off last night in an 11-game Schedule, headlined by a couple of MVP candidates in Giannis Antetokounmpo, James Harden and Anthony Davis. Here are some of the few takeaways from the games we saw.
Giannis Antetokounmpo led his Bucks team to a 113-112 win over the Charlotte Hornets despite Kemba Walker’s impressive 41 point season debut. 41 POINTS. Giannis himself finished with 25 points, 18 rebounds and 8 assists on 43% from the field. Of course, he was helped by Khris Middleton, who scored 19 points to go along with 9 rebounds as well.
Anthony Davis and James Harden squared off last night, with the Pelicans surprisingly upsetting the Rockets in a 131-112 win. A couple of key Pelicans decided to ball out today, starting with AD himself who dropped a stat line of 32/16/8/3/3 on 62% shooting. Pelicans big men Mirotic and Randle contributed, as Mirotic scored 30 points to go with 10 rebounds and Randle scored 25 points and grabbed 8 rebounds off the bench. Lastly, Elfrid Payton recorded the season’s first triple double, getting a clean stat line of 10 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Harden and CP3 tried their bests, combining for 37 points, 14 rebounds and 16 assists, but it just wasn’t enough to contain AD and the Pelicans. It is worth noting that Gordon and Tucker scored 21 and 19, respectively as well.
- As we already mentioned before, Kemba Walker dropped 41 points against Giannis and the Bucks, but it wasn’t enough.
- Andre Drummond MADE A THREE POINTER as he scored 24 points and got 20 rebounds in a close 103-100 win.
- Blake Griffin added 26 points and 8 rebounds as well.
- “Casper Jones” finally made it to the NBA! Aaron Gordon recorded 26 pints and 16 rebounds en route to a Magic win over the Heat.
- Dragic scored 26, Richardson scored 21 and Whiteside recorded 18 rebounds in the 101-104 loss. DWade also added 9 points and 11 rebounds off the bench in his last season opener.
- THJ went off for 31 points giving the Knicks a 1-0 start to the season. Taurean Prince finished with a stat line of 21/6/6.
- Kawhi Leonard wasted no time getting ready for the season, recording 24 points and 13 rebounds. Teammate Kyle Lowry also hd an impressive season debut, scoring 27 points with 8 assists in a win over the Cavs.
- Jeff Teague scored 27 points and Jimmy Butler scored 23 points in a Timberwolves loss. KAT fouled out in 22 minutes, recording a stat line of 8 points and 9 rebounds. #AllEyesNorth
- Lamarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan led the Spurs over the Timberwolves, as Aldridge finished with 21/19 and DeMar finished with 28 points. Rudy Gay added 18 points as well.
- Gobert had 19/15 with 3 blocks, Ingles and Mitchell each added 22 and Derrick Favors added 18 as well.
- The Kings starting 5 of Cauley-Stein, Fox, Hield, Ferrell and Bjelica combined for 84 points.
- BOBI AND TOBI played well for the Clippers, with Boban scoring 18 points and getting 8 rebounds, and with Tobias scoring 19 points and getting 10 rebounds in a loss of the Clips.
- Will Barton, Gary Harris and Nikola Jokic scored 19, 20 and 21 points, respectively leading the Nuggets to a win.
- Devin Booker went on a scoring rampage as he scored 35 points to go along with 7 assists in a Suns win. Trevor Ariza added a stat line of 21/8/7 and Josh Jackson and T.J. Warren scored 18 and 17 off the bench, respectively.
Phew, that was a long list.
- No. 1 overall pick DeAndre Ayton dominated today, getting a double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds while getting 6 assists so far, as he leads all rookies in those three stats.
- No. 2 pick Marvin Bagley III of the Kings only played in 12 minutes off the bench, but put up 6 points and 5 rebounds regardless.
- Euroleague sensation Luka Doncic scored 10 points and grabbed 8 rebounds in his debut, playing at PF for the Mavericks.
- Jaren Jackson Jr. had a solid debut, finishing with 10 points, 5 rebounds and 3 steals off the bench for the Grizzlies.
- College standout Trae Young finished with 14 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists in his rookie debut.
- Mo Bamba finished with 13 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks and a 3 pointer.
WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR
- Jabari Parker has his homecoming Bulls debut as the face off against Sixers who are coming off an opening night loss against the Celtics.
- The Heat and Wizards battle as John Wall and Bradley Beal make their season debuts.
- LABron makes his Lakers debut alongside Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and the rest of team as they face rumored Lakers trade target Damian Lillard and the Trailblazers as they make their season debuts as well.